We now offer minor eye conditions service (MECS) to our patients. Common eye problems as listed below can now be assessed and treated locally. Paid for by the NHS if you are registered with a GP in North East Essex or privately in the Earls Colne / Halstead area.
- Loss of vision including temporary loss of sight
- Sudden onset of blurred vision
- Eye pain or discomfort
- Systemic disease affecting the eye
- Red eyes
- Foreign body injury and emergency contact lens problems
- Dry eye / gritty / itchy
- Epiphora = watery eye
- Trichiasis = in growing eyelashes
- Lumps and bumps near the eye, Stye Cyst Hordeolum
- Recent double vision
- Flashes / floaters / vitreous detachments or retinal detachment
- Recent loss of peripheral vision
If you suffer from red, gritty, itchy, sore, painful or watery or blurry eyes, or recognise any of the above eye symptoms, please contact us.
Received emails from a patients who visited us under MECS:
Dear Mr Kleyn
Thank you for seeing me at short notice yesterday. I was called for an appointment at Colchester eye clinic at 3.15 yesterday afternoon. Your diagnosis (viral infection) was spot on confirmed by the doctor who examined me. He gave me the medication to deal with the problem and will see me again in 4 weeks. Already, the vision in the affected eye has improved. So, I am very grateful for the way in which you dealt with me, thank you again.
Following my visit today, what a good idea to have your eyes checked by a specialist (Simon Kleyn) who was very professional and helpful. I would also like to thank the staff on reception as they were very helpful and polite.
Sent from my iPad